View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Good info guys, I really appreciate it!

Like I said, I have experience with cars and whatnot... pretty much everything except for the inside of an engine, so taking everything apart and screwing something up really worries me. It's good to have all of this info.

Do any of the items that I need to remove the head commonly need to be replaced? Like I said, I'd like to take apart the smallest amount of things that I can, but if I have to pull something anyway and it is a good item to replace, I would be up for it. I am strongly considering doing rocker arm stoppers and Tomei Poncams if I take this all apart, but it sounds like I should be ok with stock cam gears and valve springs/retainers while using those cams, correct?

I will have a friend with a lot of engine experience helping me out, so I think it should be possible. Thanks again, this is great info!

EDIT: Also, how do I choose the correct specs for the head gasket? Is this the one I should be ordering?

http://www.frsport.com/Apexi-814-N10...15_p_9430.html

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote