View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #65
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Bink Industries is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilso3 View Post
whether or not Nissan intended it, there is a range of adjustment there, and that is what allows adjustable tension rods to work. All LCAs I've seen that use oem style tension rods have this play built in.
I'm not saying oem style is end all solution, or any better than other styles, I'm just saying that there is room there for adjustment without binding, which is true.
the stock tension rods have a pretty good fit into the holes leaving almost no room for "adjustment" to that every car has the same caster (ie location of the tensioni to the FLCA, and again there was no intention for it and it was never built into it to adjust it.

what makes aftermarket adjustble tension rods work is that instead of using the the right size bolt in the two holes on the FLCA they use undersized bolts to give you more "wiggle room" that is the built in "play" that your talking about in the aftermarket units. that is not a good design from an engineering stand point

that being said. i had some on my car for YEARS and they worked fine and they do have some adjustment you are absolutely right.
Bink Industries is offline   Reply With Quote