Thread: RB FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #49
SYKORB26

Trader Rating: (0)
SYKORB26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Just to clear up a few things. The transmission tunnel clearance issue is applicable to any kit you chose. With the SYKO kit, there is adjustment to move the engine front or rear in order to clear the tunnel. However, if you chose to set the engine as far rearward as possible, at some point, the area of the bellhousing close to the starter will be the first spot to come in contact with the firewall. We've designed the Syko kit to situate the engine as low as possible in order to maximize the clearance in this area. In short, if you set the engine to it's rearmost position it will interfere with the firewall. However, in most cases, the engine can be installed without any modification to the firewall.

Dave, I appreciate your efforts to promote my products, as I know you believe in them. However, please respect Andrew's right to chose whatever kit he feels will best fit his situation. In addition, lets not attack RB25DET.org as they are valuable resource to our community.

Andrew, as Dave has stated, installing the crossmember is not a difficult thing to do. It does require extra time, but the results are worth it in the end. The SYKO kit is designed so that you will not have an issue with the steering shaft or the swaybar. As there are no modifications needed in this area, your swap should go very smoothly.

Bottom line, whatever system you guys chose to use should get the job done. Chose whatever kit best fits your needs. I'd prefer to lose a sale than to see this thread turn ugly. Let's use this forum to promote information rather than products.
Sincerely,
Gary Narusawa
SYKO Performance
SYKORB26 is offline   Reply With Quote