View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Just going to bump this thread.

As i have been doing alot of research over the last few months on doing this setup. i think come this spring i will be pulling the trigger on doing this build, so look forward to that coming later.

anyway. I found that the connecting rods are the major differance between the years of the 1UZ

judging by that picture the 89-94 has the strongest OE rods, and that is what most of the people who do this motor in other cars use, But the the 89-94 1UZ-FE is rated at 250hp and 260tq. well i'm not going to go too crazy on this build so i was hoping for some more horsepower from the get go, so i think i will be going with the 1997+ 1UZ-FE with VVTi with 300hp and 310tq. and do a custom set of headers/exhaust/intake and a tune. should be sufficient.

i found that there is a guy in Flordia who is making a swap kit so i will be going with that one i do believe.

just wondering if anyone else has since done this or done any more research on the 1UZ? maybe we can make this a 1uz-s-chassis help thread?