View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #1
Laotian240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Laotian240 is an unknown quantity at this point
J2 Coilover Review

So J2 engineering is a fairly new company, not much info on them. They are identical with the new line that isis and godspeed have been doing but cheaper in price. So i thought I'd do a review on their coilovers for the s13.

basic info

Detailed Specifications
Front Spring Rate: 8 kg/mm
Rear Spring Rate: 6 kg/mm
High quality CNC machined steel and aluminum construction
46mm Mono-tube shock design
Independent ride height adjustable Perch, doesn't compromise Preload (Spring Rates)
32 Way dampening adjustment for rebound
Front camber plates are Included
Fully assembled applicable on certain applications only
100% Brand New, Never Been Used or Installed
Professional installation is highly recommended

ANYWAYS on to the Review pick them up for a great deal.
Just hit up Jonathon, [email protected], he'll hook it up FATjust mention thomas referred you

So the box was well packaged, came with extra hardware, studs(which was nice), wrenches. blah blah blah

The install went well everything fit like a glove, I had no trouble.

Camber adjustments. basic

How my car sits. I also took the car for a test drive, I set the dampener levels to 8 clicks in front and 6 clicks in the rear, for daily driving. The ride quality actually shocked me. It was real smooth handle well. Went over 2 sets of railroad tracks wasn't bouncing all over the place, it flew right over them. I don't feel the little bumps that I use too. It's not too soft where its too bouncy. Not too stiff that it jumps.

wheel specs are 18x10-18 18x12.5 -32

PROS I had
1. The rear mounts are fully threaded so they bottom out. (to go lower)
2. About 4" drop from stock height.
3. Great deal for coilovers under 700
4. Ride quality was great, perfect for daily driving, could stiffen it up for track as well.( I've ridden in tein, stance, d2,emusa) I say the comfort is very close to stance and tein, mess with the dampeners a bit and they possibly just as good.
5. The shocks have wider and larger threads so it doesn't take a thousand years to lower and raise the shock mount.I mean sitting there for a minute unwinding those things is ridiculous, but not with these
6. Dampening capabilities/pillow ball mounts. A lot of the cheaper coilovers don't offer this.
7. They don't need to be broken in. Such as megan, ready to install and go.

CONS I had
1. The collars that hold the spring perch weren't tight. Maybe it was just my set, but no biggie. just double check and tighten if you pick up a set.
2. They provide new nuts for the studs on the camber plates/ mounting plate. So you're gonna need a 13mm and 15mm instead of 12mm and 14mm they bumped it up another mm. Idk why
3. I stiffened up the dampener to 32 clicks up front and 30 in the back it was pretty bad, horrible actually. fking bouncing all over the place. Clicks are counting up from most soft to hard. avoid using the higher settings

Well no much to complain about YET, but ill keep this updated and answer any other questions. These coilovers have potential, I'll see how long they'll last, but i highly doubt they will blow anytime soon.

Last edited by Laotian240; 03-15-2013 at 04:19 PM..
Laotian240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links