View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #11
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
I understand the need for advertising, and I totally agree, sometimes, some links do offer me what I'm looking for and it speeds up my search. To me, its gotten to the point that the spiders are bogged down by seo clusterfucks. Its not so much that they're using smarter more defined keywords, its that they're spamdexing the shit out of the websites. Google now looks like yahoo 5-7 years ago, highly irrelevant and bloated with it.

I only consider BING a real competition for Google nowadays. I mean really, who the fuck uses Altavista anymore? Who even knew that shit existed? Back to being on topic, I really don't know. I only use google for search because its what I've always used, its the one that I've learned how to manipulate better, and just because of those reasons, it is optimized by me for me. I think the name Bing sounds a bit more instant for others.
So you're saying that paid ads on the right hand side of the search results are distracting, but are also useful sometimes? Personally I don't even pay attention to any ads online, ever.

You're also saying that search results are less relevant due to all the sites manipulating SEO? If so, this is one of the biggest challenges Google faces these days. Providing fresh, instant, relevant search results. Do any of you feel that Bing does a better job? If so, in what ways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
I actually have a suggestion/question for you daniel.

Is it possible to extract progress from shared GDocs? I have multiple projects shared, and I want to know who's adding what, at what times, and when. The GDocs do state when it was last accessed and by whom, but I'd want a more in-depth breakdown of contributions.

Secondly, could integration of contacts, calendar and maps be done? I like arranging lunches with people but a simple reminder in calendar doesn't cut it. I'd like to sync my lunch into maps, to show where I'm eating, and with whom. Calendar reminds me, I follow the prompt and Maps opens up with a cue card "Lunch with [Contact Sync + Profile picture] @ 1230pm @HeffsBurgers"

I think Google's horizonal expansion is what keeps me. I can update my calendar, maps, contacts and docs from one simple cloud-based point. The ways google integrates itself into itself is awesome.
AFAIK, there's currently no audit trail in Docs. Would be a great feature though.

The integration you speak of is already a direction that Google is working towards. Cross app functionality, and seamless desktop+mobile integration. Stay tuned over the next 12-18 months. Lots of innovation on the way.