View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 04:27 PM   #8
MEFISTO

Trader Rating: (1)
MEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of lightMEFISTO is a glorious beacon of light
Next thing change ugly blue cluster lights for white leds

Give the boot cover a better look
vinyl was pretty dry, Back to Black from Mothers works pretty well on this and the whole interior

Alright.. paint came out good but null
that was because too much wind when added the Clear coat
and gun had to much or low presion (i dont know, i told u that i dont know how to paint)
But the clear coat was there...so i contact some guy i found at Craigslist (with FB so i saw his prev work)
he showed up and we 'tested' paint surface, first he did some polished but Nothing changed...

then i Sanded with 800/1500/2000 leaving surface null but smooth and he polish over and.. BAMM!
impressive finish
That was the trick.. removing all the orange peel to then polish over it and the mirror shine appear

So next step was sanding the whole car with 800 to remove orange peel
and then 1500 to smooth the 800 lines and then 2000

break

And 2 days after he come back

oh damnnnnn... i started to see some image reflection!

And after that i manage to put all parts together because everything i did had a Redline date..
it was Socal S-Chassis Annual Meeting (August 20th 2016)

I found some Seats at the junkyard
wooohoooooooo!!

After some TLC

Comparing these seats is impressive.. make old ones looks like a joke

checking what i need to make them fit into my S13

Last edited by MEFISTO; 01-04-2017 at 02:08 PM..
MEFISTO is offline   Reply With Quote