View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 05:41 PM   #89
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVinnie
You are acting as if I'm gonna spend 10grand on my $2000 (bucket 240). That defenitely wont happen unless I am a millionaire. Fact is if you have that additional 180lb.s with the RB it does matter if you are riding on a suspension that has a spring rate lets say under 7KG front, 6kg rear. Well I mention this because most economy suspensions offer a spring rate for the under $1000( for people with a budget). Tghe point is any guy you know that has done the rb swap has defenitely made there suspension a little more rigid, I'm not at all saying that the 240 chassis cant handle the additional weight. The weight of the RB really isn't that bad as you stated, but it still remains instead of riding on a cheaper budget suspension you will still need to step up on the springs.
Other guys that stick with the SR or KA understand the that the level of difficulty isn't as hard as an RB. Besides Nissan designed the silvia/240 to utilize a 4cylinder for better control, and an almost equal weight distribution.

I appoligize if you are still reading the sentence wrong, but I will make it simple for you to understand..... 4 CYLINDERS REV FASTER THAN INLINE 6'S.
THE KA HAS AN ADVANTAGE HAVING A STROKER CRANK IT WILL PRODUCE POWER EARLIER THAN A HIGH REV CRANK...... I don't know why that is so hard for you to understand. Besides I like to shift early, I don't care too much for the loss in top speed due to it's low limiting redline, that doesn't bother me at all. Especially since alot of the KA24DET guy's are spankin the RB guys in 1/4 mile times, and at a fraction of the cost it took in parts.
Vinnie, in the first place I understood your sentence , what you did not understand was your basing it on a theory of your own own conjecture. Some 4 cylinders do rev faster than a inline 6. The KA is not one of them. plus you have no actual experience with a RB. Where do you get the idea that a KAT puts out more bottom end power than a RB. Do you have comparitive dyno sheets of equally set up engines to prove it? I don't think so.
Where do you get your facts for KA guys spanking RB guys in the quarter mile? Hmmm I think you need to do a lot more reading. I do not see any 1000HP KA's running the quarter.Funny how there are 1000 hp Skylines.
People who setup their suspension for RB powered cars are using the same spring rates that most coilovers for our cars are sold with. No added expenses or differences there.
Also there is a KAT guy in this very thread who states the costs are the same not cheaper by going KAT. Again I think you base your arguement on your conjecture not backed up by real world experience.
I am not trying to convince you to spend any money here. I am just counterpointing your arguement with facts, based on my own real world experiences. I have run SR's I have run KA's, I own and run a RB , It did not cost 10k to setup. In fact I stated earlier in the thread the do it your self guy could get the clip for $2500 get a install kit for $1000 plus a pre wired harness for $300 that pretty much makes it a plug and play situation add another 1-2k for extras and your looking at $5500 do it yourself or $7500-8000 for a shop to do it for you. Not 10k and at that stated price you will be looking at close to if not 300WHP not crank but wheel HP.
Now I have experience behind all of this . Do you?

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html