View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #1
Blackmassive2669

Trader Rating: (0)
Blackmassive2669 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel Cut 5 gear, 4k rpms Ka24e

Alot of threads based on fuel cuts for dual cams and SRs but not for single jingles. I would appreciate if someone can link me to a thread about my question if it exists.

I have a fuel cut around 3500 rpms in fifth gear. Im probably going 75 mph to keep up in traffic(my speedometer doesnt work), but accelerating a little more and boom, cant accelerate till im around 3500 rpms.

Since i bought this car(89 240, ka24e) my speedometer would work randomly. My odometer was working, but out of nowhere, it just stopped. Around 207,000 miles.

So i just assumed it might be speed senor(still kinda believe it is. Kinda). But the weird part is that when the speedometer randomly works, i can go waaaaay past 4000 rpms, and dont experience any fuel cuts.

Now yesterday, there was a bug on my cluster and i tapped it with my hand and the speedometer and odometer started working, and eventually died out. But i can keep on doing and it'll work for a little bit.( im hitting around the speedometer btw)

So the main question, has anyone ever experienced this problem? Can a bad cluster give bad reading, telling the computer im going too fast and then cuts its fuel? Or the problem most definitely the speed senor?

No fuel cuts when speedometer is working
Fuel cuts when speedometer isnt working
Blackmassive2669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links