View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Seems like you don't have a stop to your throttle cable/pedal, causing you to put a lot of stress on the throttle shaft when you are smashing that pedal to the floor, haha. Fab up a stop for the throttle pulley. Problem solved.
^ Problem not solved... There is one casted as part of the OEM throttle body, you can see it in the picture. What I'm going to check once reinstalled is the stop below the skinny pedal and how it relates to the stop on the throttle body. I am quite sure however that its not the problem. I wonder if its just because of the S14 pulley, since it sits further out on the shaft? Isn't the S14 SR throttle body a little different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by florante rea View Post
lmk i got a set of s14sr throttle body if needed.
Care to share any pictures for a reference. I might also be interested in it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Awww fuck I would be PISSED if that happened to me.... Could it be temperature related like the cold and heat accelerating metal fatigue? The other time it happened, was it around the same time of year. cause its FREEZING in Georgia ATL.... sheesh
Yeah and it happened in the middle of a 4th gear pull on the highway; sorta reminded of those Supra videos you see when the motor grenades. Similar times but I can't put my finger on exactly when it happened. The marking on the valve plate seems to suggest it wasn't just the other day. That axle has got to see the full spectrum of cold-heat regardless of outside temperatures.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote