View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #21
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Small update, got my turbo in. Thing is massive to say the least but shouldnt have a problem fitting it or any of that. Also have some changes to some small things.
Im gonna be going with the brand new just came out custom Crower (Not Brian Crower) 1500hp rated Billet steel I-beam rods. These rods use the 19mm wide GTIR main bearings which are staying ACL Race of course instead of the regular SR 17mm bearings. These rods are beefy to say the least.

Another change im making is im ditching the Distributor and using the Mazworx SR20VE hall effect sensor kit. Much more stable digital signal to replace the factory analog signal. Makes for a much more stable ignition timing and when your turning 10k rpm, you need it and every little bit helps. Plus it cleans up the bay quite a bit. I love it. Easy to setup in the AEM and problem free. On to the pics of the turbo.
Some more pics of the monster, on this turbo it definitely looks like the turbine housing is more compact as far as the distance from the t4 flange to the top of the turbine housing compared to my t67 h.o. My t67 had a long runner basicly leading into the turbine wheel where this one while much much wider seems like it has a shorter distance from the flange to the wheel. Which should help clear everything nicely and wont have to move the flange on the manifold down much. Cant wait to test fit it and get it on.

You can see what I mean in this picture of the T67 how tall the housing is from the flange to the top.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote