View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Driftaholic84 is an unknown quantity at this point
So I have been doing a little more digging.. some of these are hard to see and you can’t really see how a couple are mounted. Here are a few different styles I have been able to find though..

It would appear that this is the key type that I have ( 6-pole, w/ alternator protection) and it also appears that the owner has retained use of the factory wipers as well as the panel itself.

This one seems to have eliminated that cowl trim but still has factory wipers? (I can’t really see the motor in there) It doesn’t seem to be the cleanest installation either. (Sorry if it’s your whip, but you know it’s kinda sloppy :/ )

This appears to have a pull cord as described by Enjuku? Idk if it’s for fire suppression, or a master cutoff I can’t tell from the picture. I also haven’t really looked for a pull cord yet.

This one appears to be a knob? I haven’t been able to find one like this, although I have seen two now including this one. The other in red.

So this all started out as me fixing the mistakes and poor workmanship from the last owner. Amongst other things that I didn’t feel were adequately installed on this vehicle when I got it, was a battery relocation. They had everything running to a single terminal power distribution block, that had no sort of weatherproofing on it & was screwed to the top of the lower frame rail on the passenger side. They obviously had cut the oem connectors off and had ring terminals at the ends of all of the wire, going to the single post on the distribution block. They also had run a 2ga wire directly from the power distribution block to the alternator, along with the oem wire. From that single post, they had run a piece of 2ga to the battery. The other side of the battery, was grounded to the rear passenger shock tower. The huge interstate battery was then slapped into a topless, plastic “battery box” w/ no sort of tie down holding it in. The plastic box was held in with one screw on the side of the box, going into the sheet metal frame.

You can see why all of this had to go.. I did a little searching and I think I have what I need figured out and here for the most part. At this point, I have ordered:
-25’ of 1/0 gauge welding cable
-25’ 1/2” braided loom
-100’ 1/4” braided loom
-20x 1/0ga gold plated ring terminals w/ red and black sleeves (I got them today and they look crappy I am thinking about ordering new ones and returning these)
-2x cased, gold plated battery terminals
-Bussman 100amp type III circuit breaker (got it today as well. Kind of looks cheap, wondering if there is better options)
-scorpion 0,2,4,8ga covered gold power distribution block w/ digital readout
-key type, 6-pole cutoff switch with alternator protection
-Eddie Motorsports aluminum battery tie down for Optima 34 series
-Optima yellow top

I also had a question about how I should wire in the switch with the distribution block. Now after reading the rules do I have to wire everything to the cutoff switch, or can I wire everything to distribution block,then from the block,to the circuit breaker, to the cutoff switch, to the battery? Should I just use the cutoff switch as a distribution block, being that it’s got alternator protection? I still don’t know how I feel about that. What do you guys think?
Driftaholic84 is offline   Reply With Quote