View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 09:06 AM   #24
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
I have Zeal Function X with the 8/6 spring rates. They are 30 way adjustable and on the lowest setting they are comfortable but adjust them to 10-15 and they are stiff. Along with polyurethane bushings in the front and rear and solid arms in the rear it's stiff. Even on the track it's almost too stiff and gets hard to feel weight transfer. The valving is great and they hold up great, I give them a good cleaning after every season, have about 3 seasons or 5000 miles of rough auto-x, grip racing, and street driving to events and have never had a problem with them to require a rebuild.

This season I might look into lowering the spring rates if I can. But I totally understand when you say you want to enjoy the chassis and it's hard with all these JDM coilovers that come stiff as a harsh cheap whiskey on the rocks.

Maybe you could do like a custom Koni setup?!? Or play with spring rates with a nice damper.