View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #201
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Some updates!

One night I decided to cut up the intake manifold and see how to make it fit. I were a bit scared when doing the first cut that I've spent way too much money on this to fail. Well, after some cutting, adjusting and more cutting we made it fit! So happy with the final results!

Now I need to make a custom bracket for the throttle cable as the tb needed to be flipped 90degrees to have any chances to make it fit. Should not be a bad job tho!

I promised myself that I'd never get my diff welded up.... Well, now I have a welded diff on this thing. Also painted the differential as I took it apart. Sorry for the shitty quality image, but you get some idea how the rear and front suspensions are now looking.

Finally, freaking finally I got some motivation to reinstall both lambodoor hinges and adjust them. They are custom made and did have some problems, but nothing major needed to be done. I'm really surprised how well they close. They feel almost like stock and have zero problems now.

And to the best part! Today I received two Garrett GTX2860R Gen II turbos! Delivery time was only two days! They look awesome. I hope that the stockish 1JZ won't be too laggy with these. :-)

If everything goes as planned, tomorrow I should get my new brakes. I heard some good reviews from few Finnish fellas with D2 brakes so I got myself a full set of them. 8-pot 330mm set on front and 4-pot 330mm on rear with e-brake on caliper. I'll get some Z32 brakes later on for the hydraulic handbrake that I've not yet ordered. Still waiting on the wiring specialities engine harness and ECU, but they should be here pretty soon. Xcessive driveshaft, R154 extension piece and AC delete bracket have also been ordered! Trying to make some quick progress soon!