Thread: Lap time thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 11:09 AM   #43
junkyiv
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
junkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nicejunkyiv is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
This all depends on skill level, track and level of commitment, obviously. Seeing that he has an LS swap, and how fast an LS13 can potentially be, HP+ are less than ideal if he wants deceleration performance/consistency to match his acceleration and speed potential.
Understood and agreed with the amount of available power HP+ are less than ideal. However, given the desire to drive the car on the street without extra noisy and expensive pads they may be the better compromise. Here is where driver experience and skill can make up for the equipment deficiency and make it all work enough to have fun. Shorter slower tracks (like Adams, Grange or even Streets) won't be an issue. Big Willow and Buttonwillow all out with LS1 power will smoke those pads though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyjake View Post
I’ll be driving the car to the next event. Peter recommended the DTC-70 pad, but they’re a bit out of my price range, and I don’t want more front bias because I’m keeping the HPS pads in the rear. The car has to make a road trip to Missouri at the end of April, and I want a pad that will be up to the task of Buttonwillow and a 1,500 mile trip. I’m looking at HP+ or the Street Race pad.
junkyiv is offline   Reply With Quote