View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #3
Tairance@DriftNation

Trader Rating: (0)
Tairance@DriftNation is an unknown quantity at this point
This topic has been beaten to death 1,000,000 and theres always somebody out there that has extremely wrong information, super confused and blatantly just doesn't know.

The 1989 R32 GTST and GTR's will be legal in 2014. This however, does include; the month of manufacture as well. This means that the earliest a GTST can be imported in May, 2014 and August, 2014 for the GTR. CBP will require verification of this so don't let your importer try and tell you otherwise because it IS MANDATORY!

Permitting you provide the proper export documents, proof of age and title, exemption documents (this should be done by your importer/exporter) your broker will handle the rest of the paperwork such as soil exam, etc. There will be no difference between importing a 89 Skyline and importing a 2003 Nissan 350Z. The same goes for local registration, tags, etc.

I understand why everyone has become very skeptical as these cars have become quite the Drama Queens and the centre of countless scams and problematic importing schemes. I remember watching the Motorex stories unfold, and I recall many import scams such as Jeremy Boddy that scammed THOUSANDS from many SOUSA members. Fact remains, push aside all the "scary" misconceptions and importing your dream car can be quite the painless process.

I recommend using due diligence and common sense as well, PLEASE research your importer/exporter and if it sounds too go to be true (example: $10,000 GTR landed) then please run, report them and warn everyone. The last thing we need is more sketchy scammers ruining it for EVERYONE.

Drift Nation Canada|www.driftnation.ca|facebook.com/driftnationcanada
Tairance@DriftNation is offline   Reply With Quote