View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #72
offthewall
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
offthewall is making a name for him/her selfoffthewall is making a name for him/her selfoffthewall is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Yeah, thinking about it, the upfront costs (as mentioned in the other post) may align better considering the T gearbox was "made" for the LSX engines.......
Yeah, we have many distributors. Biggest one near near me is Lane Automotive. We recently bought a T56 Magnum (high torque) for a customers car. (built LM7, twin BorgWarner S300sx-e's). That was 3k (brand new) and I know my price brake on that trans is maybe a $100 off. And i got $1000 into my trans/adapter/shifter bracket. If I had the "better" Z33 transmission i'd be saying that's a deal compared to a any T56 transmission.... BUT i don't so.

Price seems always the deciding factor, i'm most cases. But, I like said. If there was a T56 transmission rolling around me for anywhere near the cost of what my set-up is worth. Kinda a no-brainer. Id have the stronger transmission. But, right now. My transmission is the last thing on my mind. I guess i'll take it easy, lie, and see how it holds up. If it goes it goes, if not then ill let it be. haha