View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #17
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I used the $70 altima fans from ebay (new) 93-97 year (5 blade and 4 blade together)
with a $80 aluminum radiator from ebay (disposable radiator, trash)

1 fan on high keeps the rad AND trans cooler, both cool in Florida crazy high temp mid-noon sun. I am running 5.3 + 4l80e + single turbo

I did cut the upper portion of the rad support to tilt the rad forward for max clearance, but it did fit in there (barely) before that as well.

Alot of people miss, with the LS engine, two things you shouldn't do:
1. dont loop the heater core lines. Tap, and Plug them. This accounts for some overheating issues sometimes.
2. Dont tap the water pump for steam port lines. the steam port, 4-corner unit, needs to run to the upper radiator hose or tank (I put mine in the tank).
3. never block rear steam port lines in an engine swap.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote