View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #41
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:

Started planning for the 4" exhaust routing... Gonna be toite like a tiger...but it'll fit. It's hard to see but i have about a quarter inch of clearance on the LIM side. After wrapping the Down Pipe...it'll most likely be a 16th if that away from the LIM.. so we may kick it over a little more depending..

Then realized that my tire would be running into my thermostat blockfor my oil coolers if I left it in it's previous location.. so I decided to re-do one of the lines..the one coming from the front cover and lay the block sideways instead of flat against the frame. The bracket is a simple piece of flat steel bent using the air bender. going to slot the mounting holes for a little adjustability and clean up the metal to make it a little prettier but it's strong, clears the tires even when I get my PBM modded angle knuckles.
Before
After

Then realized my Oil filler neck needed to be modded slightly for the -6AN fitting for the oil catch can...so I cut the old weiner looking slip on and grinded it down a little. Drilled a new nice hole where it needed to be... And bj welded the steel -6AN fitting on there and filled the other hole in.

I'll post more pics of how I'm going to route the line later when I make it =-) I really wanted the Clear line that all the sweet Japs use.. but believe it or not it's a little difficult to find... anyone know a place i could order it from?

After that me and Johnny decided to make the -16AN Coolant lines... I forgot what brand I used.. i'll have to look at it again..but it was expensive...but well worth it.. was a breeze to make..

lower radiator out to motor line

upper into radiator line. Decided just to loop it all the way around to make way for the fans and the ducting work. Dont want to have to cut a huge hole in the ducting to make way for such a small line.

more routing

Going to use some nice mounts to secure them a little bit and some zip ties to tie them together so they won't move around but this is pretty much where they'll end up! More updates soon....stay tuned! tidying up little tid-bits and working on bash bar today!
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote