Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:41 AM   #32
ak_slick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ak_slick will become famous soon enoughak_slick will become famous soon enoughak_slick will become famous soon enoughak_slick will become famous soon enoughak_slick will become famous soon enough
A lot of good information Steve... especially about the base CAS timing... so many idiots out there who think they know how to tune or work on cars.

I have to disagree with you on one point though because personally I have never had any issue with it.

Having tuned on a Mustang Dyno frequently I have never had any problems with the steady state moving around. It has always been rock solid. Other than that everything else is good.

Except for the one dyno being good for NA motors versus turbo... a motor is a motor. If the dyno can handle the power it doesn't matter. Sometimes I don't know where people get these things. They just need to sit down with a couple engineering textbooks and educate themselves as opposed to asking some random person across the internet.

A lot of shops do tune on a Mustang or DD to get a good tune and then run on a cheaper dyno that yields inflated numbers. I know of quite a few personally and I think it is a very dishonest thing to do to the customer.

I always find it personally gratifying when a 300whp/tq car of mine beats a 500whp/tq car from one of those inflated shops though. Something about an idiot will destroy his own stream of revenue and then I don't have to deal with stupid kids... just enlightened ones.
ak_slick is offline   Reply With Quote