View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
z31na2t

Trader Rating: (0)
z31na2t is an unknown quantity at this point
BIG Update alert

SO, while drifting I could only go for so long before it'd start to run warm because the maxima fans suck balls. I decided it was time to go to the good old trusty Taurus fan.

Step one was pulling the bumper cover

I got the maxima fan removed and the taurus fan in....the next issue was my intercooler routing. I had to cut some of the taurus fans shroud down so the pipe could go over it.

So i got it all back in and wired up and such.

I then noticed once the bumper cover was back on and the hood was shut...as soon as the fan turned on the car would want to stall or would stall. SO, the solution was a shield/cover for the air filter to keep the air/turbulance from the fan down....its not the prettiest, but it works! Function > form (for the most part)

And ready for the next weekend...

THEN...One of my cam seals started leaking...so I decided to take all this shit apart again..

Then started reassembly after changing the cam seals, and cleaning the oil off stuff

And back together...

Sunday 9/15! Had a blast, ran out of tires fast beause I didnt have many and one set was a bitch and came apart immediately. Had fun anyways. I really love the car with the ASCO solid motor mounts, poly trans mount and other random bits.

9/23 was fun...2 New Z31s! My friend Jeremiah bought a minty 87NA with 90k miles, and we went in on a 86T parts car with 102,000 miles which has less rust than 99% of all Z31s. He just wants the engine parts.

10/3 was rear brake time for drifty-car

Shit pads were shit:

After getting it all back together I adjusted the parking brake then I went and performed an e-brake 180 from about 60mph...so now we're all good with the e-brake functioning properly which should add to the fun.

A week or so prior I ordered a brand new 86GL dash harness so I could make use of my analog dash.

It came on the 4th.

I got all of the analog dash stuff installed...pictures later?

On the 19th I decided to do some tinkering and "maintenance"/modifications.

Z31Parts poly diff mount:

And some pictures from the event a few days prior

Not a spin:

The 27th was the last event of the season for me. I got ready late Saturday Night. I had mounted more tires than this:

z31na2t is offline   Reply With Quote