View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
Thanks for the replies guys... i saw a few things i liked im not sure where else to look but ebay. i know lots of ebay products are looked down on but some stuff isnt too bad.

Clarke 160EN mig/fluxcore 220V welder KIT new | eBay

this is something that caught my eye.. do you guys suggest stuff that uses gas or just electric ? because im new to this so not sure.

Some other stuff LINCOLN WORK-PAK 125 MIG WELDER 120V U2699-1 REFURB | eBay

Lincoln Weld-Pak 3200HD K2190 MIG Welder | eBay
dude, stop asking people on a forum and go read a book.

you're posting ebay links, the first thing i saw is that clarke is made in china. if you want a welder with no replacement parts or support, then buy that. by the way, ebay doesnt make or sell anything, its a fucking service (marketplace).

gas shielding is needed if you want a non-contaminated weld. that, or buy a stick welder and deal with slag.

if you want to weld CHEAP, pickup an oxy-acetylene torch welder. you can create some really nice welds at a fraction of the price of mig/tig. but stop asking people for forum advice (hear-say) and get factual information from a book, written by someone with history/experience.

here you go, go get your jumper cables:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Golfcart--Welder/

Last edited by ixfxi; 04-27-2011 at 06:28 PM..
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote