View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:50 AM   #22285
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Hi friends,

I am in dire need of someone that understands how 3-piece wheels work (l0l). I am currently working with 18x10 +13 (4.0" Outer Lip, 6.0" Inner) VS-XX rear wheels and it's improperly sized for the stock S14 body. Mind you I bought the car with the wheels already in place.

The issue is that the rear lip protrudes a solid 0.5-0.75" past the fender; the tire sits in such a way that the lip is the post protruding piece of the wheel. I am trying to figure out what specs (lip and inner barrel) would achieve a wheel that sits flush with the fender. Ideally I could reuse either the 4" lip or 6" inner barrel.

My logic thinks I can get a 3" lip and that should do, but would changing the inner barrel to 0.5" shorter make a difference or is that just from the suspension side and outside will be unaffected?
Perfect flush fitment on the S14 is with a Square G6 model with 17x9+15. The below calculator is pretty dang good with the measurements from center and offset to check lip distance. Do your math and look at the link's information more than the picture. The math data is accurate

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp