View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Wink PYRAMID SCHEMES!! Zurvita: Zeal For Life and Vemma: VERVE

For those of you who have ever been pulled into those pyramid scheme businesses like selling Avon, water bottle filters, etc...

Hey guys,

So this is my second time being invited to one of those "pyramid scheme" side jobs. Not exactly sure if they really ARE pyramid schemes, but they are a business that wants to recruit a whole bunch of people to try and spread awareness and sales of the product.

A lot of you may be familiar with this, a lot of you not. I was first introduced to Zurvita Zeal For Life by this guy from my local church. Brought the "product" with him to his friend's house (who is a neighbor of my mom's) and gave me a sample to try. Showed me the typical video to try to get you pumped and persuaded. Then talked about the "free car" deal. As long as you buy the special Gold Pack for $$$, you'll be on your way to making that money

Smh.

Well, I decided to try it out. The thing is, is that the $500 package of "product" was purchased by ANOTHER guy who lived in the neighborhood who was also participating in this Zeal For Life product, and he decided that he would let me hold on to it for me to try and "share" the product with anyone I knew. Well, after trying to talk to several members of my family, none of who was interested, I gave up. And then several weeks pass and I decide to tell my mom's close friend about it, without telling them what I was trying to get them into. I basically told them some guy would call them and tell them about what I was involved with. Nothing about selling anything so they wouldn't be defensive about it. And so, the guy from my church, who originally showed me the product first, gave them a call. Supposedly he went to their house and showed them the product and said that they were "interested." The guy from my church called ME up and said "Good referral, they seem to be interested" etc. And after that, I pretty much stopped trying to sell the product. Gave up. I actually never sold even ONE bottle of that product to anyone. I don't even think my mom's friends got into it. Otherwise I would've known about it. And from then on, I never heard from the guy from my church. It's a really long story, he was very friendly in fact, but he was also really into trying to spread awareness. He was really dedicated to helping me, but I just never got good "referrals." So anyways, after all that waste of time worrying about who I was going to try to recruit, I told myself I would never deal with that shit again.

Fast forward to today. A girl from my high school who I've never really talked to much contacted me through Facebook yesterday saying that she was going to be at my school today (SDSU) and had a buddy who "started something that is becoming popular in other universities" and that she would tell me about it later...sounds a lot like what I told my mom's friends when I was involved with Zurvita...I just needed to text her back and meet her where this mystery meeting was going to be held. So, I abided and decided to go to see what this was going to be about to support whatever she was doing because I tend to do that with people :P I try to help peeps out. I honestly didn't think anything of it. Thought it might be the start of a new club or something.

And then the meeting time starts. And when I see the main guy open up Quicktime and open a video that is paused in the beginning with the tile of a cheesy "inspirational" phrase, I realize what this is about. And I'm thinking, "Shit." lmao. So I sit there smiling, pretending that I am oblivious to what is going on. By the way, there are about 15 other people in the room, a few of who were also "newcomers" like me who had no idea what they were about to be shown. I feel bad for the black guy sitting a few feet from me because while everyone who is already a part of this business scheme has a positive vibe, he is sitting there trying to fake a smile wondering what the hell is going on, whehter this shit is real or too good to be true. Lol. So, this meeting is basically like me watching a rerun of Zurvita Zeal for Life. Business you've NEVER heard of, claiming it is going to be at the billion mark in a few years, join today or REGRET it, FREE BMW and MERCEDES car once you make so and so profit you know, all the bullshit. Sorry, but that's what I have to say about it. Oh yeah, and this guy in the video even mentions "the five words he hates:" "Too good to be true." Lmao. Well, it's the truth isn't it?? SOME people, I'm sure, will be able to do that, but not EVERYONE who joins this business scheme. The rest of them are all pawns. The people who are already in this business schemes are just people who seem to be really good at persuading. Unless they're dealing with someone who has already been through this. Like me.

Anyways, after the video is done, a few of the people who have already been a part of this business for awhile get up and share their "stories." Every time the person up there says something that is JUST a bit inspirational, all the "members" start clapping and acting all positive and excited and shit lol. They were basically acting. It was so ridiculous!! Lol! And after every "inspirational" sentence that one of the "members" brought up, one of the guys kept saying, "Let's go! >" like one of those pumped up rappers XD it was so damn cheesy.

So after the speakers are done, one girl tries to tell me how awesome it will be and everything, tells stories, etc. And then I reveal to her that I have already been a part of something very close to this. And does this stop her from trying to persuade me? No. So anyways, cut to the chase, I say "I'll have to think about it" and then she comes back with "Well, if you wait, you'll lose out" and "the longer you wait, the more other people will take your spot. Timing is key to business." And I'm like "Okay! Thank you!" And then I notice how her face turns from this face to :| lmao. And when I leave, one of the MAIN guys walks with me out the door, closes it, and talks to me about what I thought. I tell him my opinion, and then he looks a bit alarmed. And he says "Look, you can't tell anyone about this." And then I'm thinking, wait what? I can tell whoever the f*** I want! lmao. But then he says why. "Because it'll hurt your chances in the business and those people will get to the top before you." And then I'm like wooooww, okay. At first I thought he didn't want me to tell anyone of the bullshit experience I just went through :P well, here I am doing it on Zilvia. And he also explains that he "gave very specific training to ______" <--( insert name of the girl who tried to recruit me here). "Tips" he couldn't share unless I became a part of the business. And he also claimed that because two people joined just now, they just made $400 on the spot. Lmao. Awesome. So then that black guy I was telling you guys about earlier is about to come out with a packet full of information about the Verve energy drink (yes, I got this thick-ass packet for Zurvita as well) and as he comes out the main guy I'm talking to places his attention on the black guy because he obviously lost out on me. "Well, thank you!" I say, and then I leave.

Whew. Anyways, this story was honestly cut short. lol. I just want to say, I feel very sorry for the people who join these little business schemes. Claiming that you will regret it in a few years because of how successful the business will be in a few years. It's just so ridiculous. I REALLY want to see how either of these two businesses (Zurvita and Verve) will be doing in a couple of years from now. I'd like to see this thread revived in a few years when they become a billion dollar business. L.O.L.

Anyone else on here ever been through b.s. like this before?

P.S. here's a link to a funny thread I found searching up Vemma Verve:

Is this whole "Verve" energy drink thing a pyramid scheme? | IGN Boards

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links