View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
xnissan240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xnissan240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay, so like I said the car had a transmission problem (and others). So the we had to tow the car to my house. So I wanted to figure out the problem so I jacked the car up as high as i could to get the car sitting on wheel stands. Here are some pictures.

So I was using my jack as a helper so that the transmission didn't fall on me.

So by the time I got the transmission unbolted it was like 1:30 in the morning. So I decided to leave it till morning.
So in the morning I pulled out the transmission.

So after lunch I wanted to get to the bottom of this problem. I started taking the transmission apart.

So I got all the gears out and wanted to make sure that all the shift forks were good and no teether were worn right off the gear.

After all that work and trying all the things that I think could have gone wrong I had found the problem. When I was taking the transmission out of the car I slid the drive shaft out and no oil came out so I thought that was strange. Then when I went to drain the fluid out to take all the gears out, hardly anything came out. That is where it got really serious and my whole perception on what could have been wrong changed. I started turning gears and turning the input, output shaft and that is when I found my problem. The guy that owned the car before me had ran the transmission dry of oil and what had ended up happening is that it welded second gear to the input-output shaft. So that one sucks!