View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #7
EveryQuarterMile
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
EveryQuarterMile is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks hobbs! Hopefully I can get it moving forward very soon. I'm very excited to work with this car!

REPAIRS: So I received the exhaust manifold at last. And guess what? A stud is bent. It also looked like it's been sitting a really long time and will need to be attacked with a grinder. I had every intent of putting this on myself, but because of the shape it's in I just don't trust myself to get it right. I've never done any exhaust work and definitely don't feel comfortable fixing the stud. I'm upset about that, but I brought it somewhere I trust and should have it back on Monday. I really wish I would have been able to do this myself, and I really was screwed over by this purchase. Don't buy from PartMyRide.com. I would go through the hassle of returning it, but after waiting so long to even get it I honestly just want to get my car running right. So cross your fingers, say your prayer, or whatever -- I just want this to work!

Also, after the timing chain was replaced the idle really didn't change much. It feels a bit stronger. Still, it's rough. However, my gas mileage did improve. I had been getting 7 mpg (NOT A TYPO) and now it's at about 14. Still not where it should be, but better.

Picture of the bent stud:

MODS: I received my Cusco front strut bar yesterday from forum member Levan. B. It arrived quickly and was very well packaged. It has also been freshly repainted and a new Cusco Racing sticker is on it! Only flaw is a small paint chip on one side. I don't really care about that, so I'm still pretty pleased. I'll be putting on the part pretty soon. Well, once I get my car back from the exhaust manifold replacement... It seems pretty perfect and will be the first "mod" the car sees. Aside from a stereo, dash cam, and S14 seats, that is.

I also ordered tons of parts! I'll mention those in the "up next" part of this. However, a set of black Gorilla locking lug nuts have also arrived. Yet no wheels yet. A bummer for me.

Pics of the strut bar:

UP NEXT: I ordered all of my parts! Well, for the suspension, wheels, and tires that is! The wheels I ended up getting were 17x9 4x114.3 +12mm Rota Grid wheels in blue. Not the VarrsToen wheels I was hoping for, since apparently every wheel I want never works out. I have literally been through 3 wheel choices before settling on the Rotas. The SQUARE G6 wheels were back ordered 3-4 months, the VarrsToen wheels apparently aren't produced anymore at all, and the Rota Grids I wanted first were in Gun Metal. Since I'm getting the ones in blue they are throwing in a free set of locking lug nuts, hub rings, and valve stems. They'll be fine for my needs.

Tires I ordered, and that are already waiting for the arrival of the wheels, are Hankook Ventus V12s. Size is 235/45r17 all the way around. Yes, 235/40 would have been better. Whatever. I'm going with it anyway!

Suspension parts ordered are as follows:
- BC Racing BR Type Coilovers [ not yet shipped ]
- DC Sports rear strut bar [ back ordered until Tuesday ]
- Whiteline adjustable front sway bar [ not yet shipped ]
- Circuit Sports end links [ not yet shipped ]
- Circuit Sports camber arms [ en route ]

I also ordered a Jegs jack and jackstands. I'll be receiving VarrsToen lug nuts for free too. Lots of updates coming soon!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433635130848.jpg (210.2 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433635757464.jpg (206.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1433635779814.jpg (233.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by EveryQuarterMile; 06-07-2015 at 02:04 PM..
EveryQuarterMile is offline   Reply With Quote