View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #17
Daniel.
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Daniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfectionDaniel. is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Daniel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
You're also saying that search results are less relevant due to all the sites manipulating SEO? If so, this is one of the biggest challenges Google faces these days. Providing fresh, instant, relevant search results. Do any of you feel that Bing does a better job? If so, in what ways?
No one's really answered my question yet. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
Now, about that Icecream...

I always feel bad for rooting my phone because of its open sourced nature. I know its a double-edged sword to do so, but I also feel that many aren't ready for the implementation of the idea. I run linux and understand its solely driven by like-minded individuals doing it on their spare time. In doing so, I try to donate when I can with what I can, "free as in speech, not free as in free beer." I actually buy apps as opposed to other rooters. What direction is Google heading towards/wanting to push on this issue?
I love Icecream.

Google is taking the same direction it always has. Android is an open source platform. Users are free to modify, change customize whatever they like. It's a community driven community owned project.

As for Android Market and the growing issues that developers are having to deal with trying to monetize their products, my team and I are working hard to address those issues today. We want to give developers the tools they need and educate them on how they can develop apps that have a high impact added value to our ecosystem and to Android Market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soooshi View Post
Also, I think Google would do better if it made its other beta projects be known. I don't think many people know about Scholar and Books. Also, is there a bulletin board for education in the works? I feel Google might want to consider taking a stab at the collegiate market, as they are the ones being hit with all the budget cuts and all.

Having a Google-based BlackBoard would be awesome. I've always associated Google with being the head of applicable cyber communications, and doing this would be huge. No school wants to pay for blackboard.
To be honest this isn't an area I'm familiar with so I'll reserve my comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognition View Post
I just need a good search engine myself. I don't need it to butter my toast, wipe my ass or brush my teeth. It's actually getting on my nerves because i had my site reported with that Blocked Site crap last year, which kind of forced me to sign up with their googl analytics garbage. Time to make a decision this week.
What qualities are important to you in a good search engine? How can Google Analytics be improved?