View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #148
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
2018 update 1

I m planning to have more frequent update on 2018 as things are more settled. also I m way over due for a drift event so this project needs to be running.

i'll start of the 2018 update with this sweet lady who came to my life. my future drift buddy.

during my 3 weeks off from work, I started off replacing the starter to XS power. long story short, I had a bad starter since the first start up thinking I have wiring problem or bad ground. put this in, fired right up strong every single time.

I started to put back half the interior back and clean up some sound system wiring.

now to the part that I never looked forward to in this project. I have to clean up the wiring.

one if the challenge is the cluster harness. I have to re wire it from my s15 cluster to a stock s14 cluster. good that I bought a cluster with pigtail. I just match all the colors to put them together.

after all, I was able to make the speedo work with the SGI-5E. however the tach wasn't. a quick call to WS, Yuri guided me to check some wiring. ending up the tach on the cluster is bad. good that I bought a spare one and I just swap all the lights over.

polished the lens..

all lights and gauges work now. temp, oil pressure, engine light. even the fuel level works now.

big achievement. got a fully functional cluster. just need to do more adjustment on the speed but that's easy.

as everyone know. project mean problems after problems. theres a exhaust leak on my custom piping as I see some water coming from this joint. will take it back to Trackspec for this. no big deal.

that's it so far. it looks more completed now than ever.

will finished wrapping the rear bumper and put in the dash next week. some final check on suspension parts and an alignment will be done after that. Sonoma Drift season just started this week and I m planning to go test it out no later than May.
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote