View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #50
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Ok let's bring this back up to the top. I thought I was golden when I finished everything but I guess not. Installed the DCC with all sensors required and door actuator with linkage. Unit powers up and cycles through all modes visually no problems minus some burned out bulbs. Hot/Cold actuator moves, or at least I thought it was moving when I put my hand under the heatercore. Blower motor does not work at all with fan selection. I have the JDM blower motor speed control but USDM thermostat control amp.

When I enter diagnostic mode:

**--** TEST 3, codes (31) (32) (34) (35) (36) see below
**--** TEST 4, the actuator doesn't move when cycling through the vents. It worked before, I haven't messed with that part of the harness and now it doesn't work.

Here are pictures of each step of wiring I did according to driftenthusiast's writeup.

This is my first step. Red wire is for "Constant +12v power" to DCC harness. Blue wire is for "Ignition on +12v power". All wires have either been de-pinned and soldered or re-pinned.

Quote:
2.) Ignition on +12v power. This wire is Blue/Red stripe and is on the small 6 wire connector on the JDM DCC harness. I spliced it into a blue wire on the USDM Radio connector on the dash harness that has power with the ignition on.

Quote:
3.) Ignition on +12v power. This wire is the Green/white stripe on the small 6 wire connector. This wire can be disconnected at the 6 wire connector and re-pinned into the large 16 pin connector within an empty spot. This spot has ignition on +12v that is already run the the USDM dash side so all you have to do is plug it in and it will work, no soldering.

Quote:
4.) Ground wire. This is the last wire you have to run. On the USDM side of the 16pin climate control connector there is a Red/orange stripe wire that needs to be grounded. I cut the wire a few inches from the connector and attached a ground eyehook and bolted it to the dash frame.

Here I have left the JDM relay attached to digital control harness and removed USDM relay.

Last edited by Jtuned_andy; 05-03-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Jtuned_andy is offline   Reply With Quote