View Single Post
Old 12-19-2005, 07:34 PM   #31
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB
Did you read aznpoopy's post? The NA and turbo SR's are hardly the same. I can understand a DET swap as a easy way to go turbo. But the NA SR is a more fragile block than the KA. Only direction you can really go in is I/H/E, ITB's, cams. But you're not going to boost it like a DET or even what an iron block KA can handle. Autech FTW!
Some of the FWD SR20DE guys were able to get some decent power out of their motors after going turbo. And they were on stock bottom end too.

And just FYI, someone above posted that the RWD SR20DETs had 8.3:1 CR. That's false. It's 8.5:1, not 8.3:1. If you don't believe me, ask Enthalpy and do a search on Fresh Alloy. They will laugh at you if you said 8.3:1.

Also, I am not sure if hydralic self adjusting lifters is the same as "mechanical shim in bucket type lifters", but I have a feeling that they're not the same, and the RWD SRs indeed have hydralic self adjusting lifters.

Not all RWD SRs have the VVT on the intake cam. Only the S14 and S15 motors came with them. S13 redtop or blacktop motors were both static cams that has 1 set lift and 1 set duration configuration. Nothing adjusts them other than aftermarket adjustable cam sprockets.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links