View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 07:20 AM   #2
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Depends on your location and driving style, I'd imagine. I always use a shroud in combination with the mechanical fan. They are both required components of an air-moving system.

That being said, if you have a higher capacity aluminum rad and your climate + use are mild, you are probably ok, but without peace of mind.

My educated guesses, if using clutch fan w/ no shroud:

>Traffic jam in Arizona? Overheat
>Any type of track driving? Overheat
>Rural daily in New York? Probably ok
>Daily driver pretty much anywhere without traffic looking like a bozo with no front bumper? Probably ok

KA shrouds are pretty hard to find these days unfortunately. I may have one I'd be willing to offload if it helps out a forum member. I have also retrofitted SR20 shrouds (still available from Nissan for pretty cheap) to work on KA's as well.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote