View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 10:59 AM   #6
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Rebuilding it is your best bet. I had mine rebuilt by a local transmission shop last year and it shifts flawlessly. Instead of sourcing the parts yourself like suggested above, its better to just let the shop handle everything imo.

Markup on the Nissan parts sites has gotten out of hand lately so a reputable shop should be able to source everything needed at a better price than you can on your own. I also learned the hard way that there can be a few unlisted variances from the official parts diagram so its best to order everything after the trans is torn down and you can verify exactly what you're working with.

Total cost for me to have the trans totally rebuilt was around $1200, so I would budget $1100 to $1400 to have it done depending on your area. I probably could have saved a bit by letting the shop source the parts. They had to order an extra synchro kit as two of mine were different than what was listed on the Nissan diagram.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote