View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 06:55 AM   #20
thermogod
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
thermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond reputethermogod has a reputation beyond repute
also dealt with trans issues. while i was re-sealing everything, i refilled with 75W90 GL4 and this has to be the worst metal drain plug i've ever seen. can't really undo the previous owner's damage but whatever.

i would also like anyone's help on what this piece might be? pulled the drain plug, and this piece was loose just moving around in the bottom of the trans. pulled it out through the hole

since the previous owner's idea of a manual swap included cutting and completely ignoring the speed sensor/reverse sensor/4th gear switch wires, it also included ignoring 5 of the missing bolts holding engine to trans, and not installing any kind of dust shield. did my amateur best to fix that. no more open flywheel.

it shifts better now, but AS USUAL, my 3rd gear synchro sucks.

anyways, more coming when my 5 lug swap arrives.

i really had to go through the "fuck this, i'm selling the car" phase of fixing it to appreciate what came at the end of it. it was hugely satisfying to finish the 72 mile work round trip with an unmoving temp needle in a fully registered car, after 9 years of someone else neglecting it. again, this is my first S-chassis, i've never touched a 240 before.