View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 02:33 AM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
To make use of a vacuum pump the engine should be built with low tension oil control rings and improved oil priority directed for wrist pins, as well as improved oil pump design and possibly pressure/volume.
Vacuum pumps have been known to create oil pumping and internal lubrication related issues at high vacuum setting.

Otherwise power gains will be marginal and there is increasing friction as oil is pulled away from the wrist pin leading to failure at high vacuum or oil flow related issue.

It is advised to avoid vacuum pumps in street applications as they increase maintenance, complexity, the pump will require disassembly, cleaning, and rebuilding.

You can measure vacuum in PSI and many other units. Use google to convert as needed.
Sea level atmospheric pressure is 14.5psi absolute so for example 1psi of vacuum is 2.03602" Hg or 2.03602 inches of mercury.

Vacuum pumps are useful in strict racing applications where minimal engine modifications are permitted to help contain oil within the engine and squeeze a couple of horses to edge out the competition where everybody is forced to use the same setup. They are also useful in racing applications where there is no limitation in funding for choosing the pump setup over traditional PCV, a vacuum pump is always superior to OEM style PCV, it simply costs more and is more maintenance (time, labor) intensive. Dry sump style scavenging is useful when oil pan ground clearance is an issue and keeping the bottom of the engine away from the ground is ideal such as the corvette which can use a shallow pan and set the engine low in the chassis. Dry sumps provide some of the benefits of the vacuum pump while providing oil supply in a manner which overcomes many of the potential issues faced when using a wet sump with a vacuum pump.

I get the feeling you do not understand how the OEM pcv system functions at wide open throttle to maintain Vacuum on the crankcase in forced induction applications.
In this video I demonstrate the proper technique, how to measure it and how to use PCV properly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRbfNPnHaI&t=1554s

It is possible for OEM pcv on engines 2L to 7L , 400 to 1500rwhp daily driver applications using wet sump
If you measure and set the crankcase pressure properly as I have shown in the video

I explain here more details
https://www.supraforums.com/threads/.../post-13980010
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote