View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:45 PM   #6
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxamigo View Post
Not sure if you're aware, but the prices of these engines are going up. a 91K KA24DE is worth decent cash these days. Slapping a junky setup only to severely shorten the lifespan of your engine isn't a great idea. If you want a reliable setup get a Tomei cast manifold, a used T28, 550s, Z32 MAF, and a ROM tune. You could probably piece that together for roughly $1500-$1700 if you're patient and hit between 220-240 hp. I know you said you don't want to crack the engine open, but I'd recommend ARP head studs and a decent headgasket. That will be a reliable setup and you can continue to enjoy the car without constantly replacing parts.

I agree with what RustyS14 said that your power goals are not ideal with the setup you've got.
This.

Also for the money you're going to be into a KAT set up after something inevitably fucks it up, you could be looking at an SR in the long run.

I blew my first motor and my transmission on my KAT.

Now it's down because I had a failed CAS/Distributor (S14 KA)

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote