View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
OMFGeofffff
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
OMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really niceOMFGeofffff is just really nice
omfgeofffff's red rocket

New pfc came in and to my surprise it started right up after only having to change maf and injector scaling settings! Ended up not finishing the car in time to drive Special Stage Central so I took a little break from the car after going hard on it for 2 months straight. Tune day was scheduled so checked for some boost leaks and went over the rest of the engine. The tune went great.
Adjustments Copy by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2062 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2105 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2119 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Only hiccup was having to remove a seized silencer in the used rs*r catback I bought. Sketchy craigslist sr20 managed to pull 308hp and 261ft/lbs at 17psi and shitty 91 fuel.
IMG_2124 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10sSoBRxSU

Got ?er aligned the same day and it was off to the first event for me of the year at Brainerd International Raceway later in the week.
IMG_2145 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2147 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Fun times with the homies.
IMG_2152 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2167 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2158 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2194 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Saks9ag1GsA

First day the car felt great and was a rocketship compared to every other car I?ve owned.
IMG_2190 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2191 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2180 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
118781319_187863909418289_3919260298349494657_n by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Halfway through the weekend I noticed my steering felt really weird. The track is pretty well known to be bumpy and harsh on vehicles so I dealt with it. Finally after having the steering wheel ripped out of my hands too many times I inspected further and saw my crossmember bent to hell. My buddy that modded the crossmember said it looks fixable but I ended up just tossing in a factory subframe to finish out the year. Luckily my dad used to work on 3000gt/Stealths and made a nifty transmission hoist that came in handy.
IMG_2183 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2305 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2315 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2312 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Finally got some good street driving in and it felt great to be back behind the wheel of an ignorant car.
IMG_2369 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2524 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2458 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2501 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

I thought the year was over for me but a few friends and I got invited to drift at a private day at USAIR. If you know that track you very well know that you don?t pass on an opportunity like that. Got the invite 1-2 weeks beforehand so prep mode kicked in a few days before the event obviously.

Fixed a broken welded nut for the power brace inside the frame rail. Also my coilovers have a slotted top hole in the lower bracket so I had to rig something up so the mount can?t slide around.
IMG_2607 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2606 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Changed out the sketchy pinched turbo oil drain with an OEM hose.
IMG_2610 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2611 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Much better. Tinted the windows and off we went to Shawano, WI.
IMG_2630 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2597 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Unfortunately about 5 or 6 laps into the day I heard a weird pop and whistling noise at the very end of a run and instantly lost power. Was able to drive it back to pits and heard no weird noises. I figured I popped an intercooler coupler or something. Opened the hood and started grabbing the IC pipes and bam, the pipe connected to the turbo moved but it was moving the compressor housing with it. The shaft snapped and destroyed the compressor wheel. RIP turbo. I?m glad it happened now instead of the first event next year because I always told myself I was going to upgrade to a gt2871r or similar.
. IMG_2632 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

A few of the homies managed to snap some rad pics from the few runs I got.
IMG_2640 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2644 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2653 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr
IMG_2646 by XtreManiaK, on Flickr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by OMFGeofffff; 10-26-2020 at 05:17 AM..
OMFGeofffff is offline   Reply With Quote