View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli_Driver View Post
Sorry I went to post this thread like a week ago and it took forever to get approved. Since then I've already decided what I'm going to do for now. I really don't understand why I would need half the stuff you listed, I'm just going to get a z32 MAF, and then RS Enthalpy tune when I get the funds. I already did a compression test and all the cylinders are fine ~155.
half of the stuff?

I listed 3 items:
maf
ecu
injectors

Which you need all 3 (not half) no matter what

The maf because obviously you need a maf, even if you have a maf you should have a second maf as a spare and to diagnose with. So thats 1/3.

The injectors because you have no idea what injectors you have which means you can't tell Enthalpy which injectors you have which means he can't set the delay time correctly. He will need to guess. And if that timing is off by .2 seconds the engine will idle rough or lean or rich or some other way. And because its a rom tune you have no control over the tune to adjust for that. And also nobody should be using 550cc injectors since 2009, thats 2/3 needs to be replaced anyways.

And the ECU which you need something to tune the engine with. 3/3 = 100%
A used PFC is 500 an ROM tune ecu is 500. I got a used PFC for 350 from ebay last week.
Nothing wrong with ROM tune- but it is very limited. You cannot change anything yourself, ever. You cannot adjust the tune at all. You have NO control. So it is the worst possible option for people who wish to have control over their engine. You will be stuck mailing it back and forth everytime you make any change to the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Best way to resolve it!
and YOU have no idea what you are saying or doing, no business giving tuning advice, what a joke 'best way' lmao- yeah stack unknown tiny injectors with a hard-coded rom tune on a maf capable of supporting twice the injector size. is a great idea. What a combination of parts
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote