View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:22 PM   #17
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by andisan View Post
Did you put a new radiator in it?

That?s what I would do first, and I had an overheating problem but that?s because I didn?t bleed it right, KA are picky to bleed, or maybe it was me being impatient and wanting to get the car on the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is absolutely nothing to bleeding a KA cooling system.

There is no need to jack the car to exactly 35.3 degrees and bounce alternate diagonal corners until the bubbles spell "done", no matter what the internet says.

If it bubbles forever, it's up to temp and boiling, because you have the cap off. Just like in this thread - his shit was boiling because his cap's bad, and/or his fan's not working.

Rust is bad, and you'll know why when all your freeze plugs start gushing. And when they do, you'll need to pull the engine to get to them all - and there will still be nothing wrong with the engine that a new one would solve.

If you've got your stock metal radiator, fuck replacing that, alumaseal will do you better than a plastic tank crapper, you have to spend quite a lot of money before you're matching OE quality.

Put kool-aid, and a new cap. Go from there.

Did I say cap? Say cap with me. The boiling point raises with pressure, your cap is the pressure regulator, if it's bad, your coolant will boil over at operating temp, no ifs ands or butts. You cannot begin to diagnose the cooling system without a good cap.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote