View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #172
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
I love this thread.

I'll throw my stupid opinion out here. Living in CA has been a shit show for all of this, so here's the breakdown

Masks: not a big deal. Wear the fucking thing if it helps prevent you from spreading anything (even unintentionally). There's plenty gathering at protests/rallies, etc that dgaf and don't mask up, it really isn't that hard to throw it on.

Lockdown: fucking stupid. Our economy is trashed now. The recovery will be literally years from this. Especially in CA for our tourist driven economy. Literally fucked. Our stupid ass governor let people open up, spend all this money on making everything covid compliant (paper menus, barriers, reduced capacities, etc), then made everyone close again. Those people are getting fucked real hard now. People who are at risk should do what they need to and protect themselves. Everyone else mask up and go about your business. Herd immunity needs to happen one way or another. There's literally NO immunity from this shit. I was down for not overloading hospitals. Someone dying from a lack of space is shitty. However that turned real quick into "prevent everyone from getting it". Fuck outta here with that shit. Not. Happening.

Stimulus/unemployment: everything was done with only speed in mind. 1200 dollars in CA is fucking shit compared to 1200 in somewhere like Alabama or something. Even better, I got fucking phased out a shit ton of it because I make over 75k. Even though that's like minimum for living here. Like what the fuck?? For unemployment, people were being payed way over what they made working and that needed to stop. I feel that you should make 100% of your normal pay if you're being forced to not work. Obviously the logistics would be a nightmare sorting individual pay at a governmental level. More possible with individual employers doing it through their payroll and then the government can handle everything as a whole from them.

Numbers: statistics on this are super fucked. Everything is just raw numbers (not accurate ones) with not enough detail. Not to mention that hospitals have an incentive to declare deaths as covid is stupid AF.

I feel bad for kids who are at home all the time now. I grew up like that and it sucks big time. I get the distance learning (more for teachers safety), but it needs to be revamped big time. I have a 14 yo little brother, and he said it's just been a total mess. I'm hoping that will be fixed sooner than later.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10+ using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote