View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 08:35 AM   #187
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
It's been waaaaaay to long for an update! I have posted in a few other threads on here, but i just want to update my build thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
Sweet update! Looks amazing!
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Solid update. PA's getting colder by the day, godspeed! Seems at this point you've created a good workplace to do shit over the winter. I've ran out of time to get a winter beater and may be driving my mint S13 in the salt if I don't figure something out soon.
I've added some stuff and changed a few things in the garage... winter was pretty mild here this past year too so i lucked out with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
This project give me motivation to work and document my own!
Never Stop Having fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
Look great Jimmy! The attention to detail is best!
Thanks dude! #itsinthedetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14rebuild View Post
That purple....=YES
MORE. TO. COME.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next on the list of putting this puzzle back together was the cluster. Using the JDM silvia book to find what goes where for the chassis, and the S13 KA24DE engine harness diagram, i made my own pigtail with the deutsch connector off the back of the cluster. I bit the bullet and bought the crimp too that goes with the connector set and im glad i did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On black friday 2019, Unique Auto Creations (UAC) had a sale that they were going out of business and wanted to get stuff specific to the RHD conversion like the carbon fiber cup holder and wiper motor cover.

I made a panel where the double din goes temporarily (to hold the water temp/oil pressure gauges) since i sold the radio brackets and decided to not have the radio at the moment. I painted it black and put some carbon fiber vinyl to jazz it up and match the cup holder. The gauges will go back on the dash when i get the radio brackets.

After just having the radiator sitting in the new bottom mounts, i made some for the top. maybe a revision later on but, it's functional and i polished it a little bit.

Another project i started but is just sitting is a spare upper intake manifold i shaved all the casting marks and threaded holes i'm not going to use.

After all the grinding i used my sand blaster and used a really coarse media and it made the finish uniform and back to the rough cast finish but made it kind of shiny (which i will leave that way) and will powder coat it clear when the time comes. Also bought some stainless plugs for the pcv ports.

Back in like March/April, I Bought a Woodward Fab Manual Tubing bender and a 1-3/4" die set. I mounted it to the floor and it sat there for like 2 months until i got around to using it.

Something i'm kind of proud of doing myself is bending the front cage bars.
Started making a rough template with some junk metal i had laying around to check angles and whatnot and started bending.

Had to notch some tubing pieces for the hinges

You didn't think I'd leave the dogs out of this update would you???
IZZY had to come out and supervise the manual belts i put in also.

When the cage was curing, i had the chance to put the rest of the interior in the rear of the car, although i thought the rear panels i made holes into were way worse than they are, they fit nice, but i needed rear seats. so, i picked them up locally along with new door panels with nicer vinyl and grey door inserts.

I took apart both pairs of door panels and re-sprayed the little pieces/pockets/knobs to re-fresh them to go with the nice(r) door panels.

After i put the rear pieces in, and the cage was in, i found some purple footwell lighting leds to go with the theme of the car...

I was collecting parts for the interior re-fresh... restomodninja decal sets for the wiper/turn signal stalks and an overlay for a button i re-purposed for the radiator fans!! I had a friend re-do the wiper stalks since he's done 1:24 models for a long time and was familiar with the water slide decals. (told me the restomodninja ones are really thin, and if you've never done water slide decals before, they can tear really easy) I also have some button decals coming for the others on the cluster surround.

Decal for the radiator fan switch. Goal was to keep the on/off factory looking.

Since I put the car back together, i've driven it to a couple small events and taken some pictures with my camera (i got a new 35mm 1.8g lens).

My most recent purchase was this Alvis 365mm Wooden wheel. i re-furbed the spokes and polished them. they were pitted and oxidized but cleaned up with some 1500/2000 grit and some polish compound.

I have 2 more Lips coming for the rear wheels (eta was like 10-15 weeks from the email threepiece.us sent in the middle of july). They are 1" wider. I will be re-building the wheels, painting/powder coating the faces along with getting some rear overfenders OR having to modify the quarters/front fenders when i re-do the body work on the car.

Next on the to-do list is the rear z32 Ebrake setup, and while i'm in there, new cv axle boots/steering rack boots i'm pretty sure i have all the parts, just have to find some extra time where i can take it all apart. i will have a 1 piece driveshaft made as well since im digging that far into the job, also re-coating the underside of the middle part of the car since it needs it.

Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote