View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 09:36 AM   #85
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Busy couple weeks, back on it this weekend though.

After measuring my bell-housings , I found I was going to gain back well over an inch of ground clearance using the auto bell-housing. As much as it pains me to convert to an internal slave the benefits of not having the trans hang down soo low are totally worth it. Ordered that adapter kit, slave and clutch. I also grabbed a banjo fitting for the master cylinder, some -3 conversion fittings, and bleeder fittings; going to have to test fit and measure for a clutch line so I don't make one too long or too short as well as a mounting solution for a remote bleeder.

Pulled off the crank pulley to check the front main more than anything since I have some build up around the pulley, its as dry as a can be.

I'm thinking the oil pressure release bolt has a super minor leak? Cant remove it without pulling off the waterpump, which requires pulling off the timing belt....both things I don't feel like doing at the moment so I'll keep an I out on it. Got to work scrubbing and degreasing the block.

Hit the head with a brass brush, the block with a stainless one and small wire wheel for the tight spots.

Came out really good I think. Everything is exceptionally clean and ready to go back together. I'm not a fan of black engine blocks because you can't see leaks. I'll get around to the valve covers here shortly once the engine goes in for "good".