View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 10:05 PM   #11
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbsr20det View Post
Hi all, I put the cams in over the weekend and everything went well, did the break in 20min Erving between 2-3000 rpm followed by a long freeway cruise at about the same rpm and all is good .

I do have a question thought .

Today I went out for a cruise and gave it a couple of light squirts , nothing major just mild hitting boost here and there. I did notice there is a more than usual blow by smell as I do vent my rocker cover to a vent to atmosphere catch can. Is this normal?

I was thinking and is it possibly because when I installed rocker stoppers I removed that plate (pictured below) that I assume covers the rocker cover vent from capturing oil off the cams in the area directly below ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The funny thing about blowby, is all your rings are cruddy and your seals are clubbed and your heads full of horrible sludge and carbon chunks.

And, it's funny.

Maybe you should put a catch can on your catch can, so you can catch the blowby caused by the catch can, and vent it into a fifth catch can.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote