View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #7
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantkouki View Post
You need to use a basic inductive timing light if you're going to use a spark plug wire to measure timing on and sr20.
Dial back lights might give you a false reading. They are designed to be used with the coilpack harness grounding loop.
I've measured signal from three different positions: grounding loop, #1 coil pack lead, and using a spark plug wire and gotten different timing readings each time with the car locked in timing mode.
Wow that’s crazy it’s giving different readings like that. Unfortunately I don’t have the stock coilpacks and harness to go with the loop as it has splitfires. But the timing light I’m using is an older model military edition that (as far as I know) works pretty good. I check the timing again yesterday and it’s still at 15 degrees and I adjusted my iacv to get approx 750 idle. It dies at times coming to a stop but I attribute that to the condition and probably the cams