View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_Eighty88 View Post
Would a boost leak really effect the way it idles though at a dead stop?!
as brndck just stated... there are A LOT of potential things that could cause your problem. i just pointed out on that has caused problems kind of like what youre describing on my SR.

bogging is usually either a fuel, ignition or boost leak related issue. clean your MAF, make sure all the connectors inside the MAF are making a connection. are all of your clamps on your IC piping tight? if youre using worm gear style clamps, how many times have you torqued them... if more than 2-3, they need to be replaced. have you pulled your coilpack plugs 1 by 1 to make sure youre not running into weak spark or ignition in the cylinders? you mentioned adding a new intake, did you make damn sure your clamps are 100% tight before the turbo and its not pulling unmetered air behind the MAF? do you have an in cabin fuel pressure gauge so you can watch your fuel pressure as you drive? do you have an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator? if so, is it a cheap ebay knock off unit or an actual brand name?

see where im going here? there are A LOT of elements to consider in this type of problem.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote