View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #19
marc-s13

Trader Rating: (0)
marc-s13 is on a distinguished road
JUNE 2019

Rebuilt the calipers at 2am yesterday.

Got started on the 5 lug, didn't really get pictures of it because it was mostly videoed.

Testfitting the wheels. Kinda scared it's gonna poke a lot, but I won't know until I set it on the ground. Pretty worried about how much camber I'm gonna have to run to fit these, perhaps I'll get the backspacing machined down 5-10mm.

The guy who sold me these hubs two years ago must've not taken care of them, because a lot of the threads on the studs were super dented and didn't allow the lugnut to go down all the way.

What I did was hammer them out (my c-clamp wasn't big enough to press them out), and replace them with OEM S14 studs (Ichiba conversion hubs take S14 knurls).

Then, I found out that I had nowhere near enough thread for me to be comfortable driving this thing.

Small loss, I'll return the S14 studs and get ARP extended ones.

I ordered the ARP ones. For anyone using Ichiba S13 5 Lug conversion hubs, the studs for the FRONT are ARP-100-7717 (evo studs, same as S14 fronts), and the REAR takes ARP-100-7708 studs (GM studs I think).

Kind of annoying to have these hiccups get in the way of this swap, this means at the earliest I'll have my car on the ground in over a week.

Last edited by marc-s13; 06-10-2019 at 01:09 PM..
marc-s13 is offline   Reply With Quote