View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:35 AM   #1108
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti tyler View Post
Um.. Yes. Yes that 780 will be a bottleneck. Especially determined by what multiple monitors you're trying to attach to a single GTX 780.
What is he going to bottleneck on playing Assetto Corsa and CS:GO?

Quote:
you should consider something like a 1070ftw or something, I just sold a pair of them for $220 each. Looks like their prices went up a hair though in the past 7 days.

I honestly wouldn't personally recommend anything lower at this point. people are charging way too much for the lower cards right now ex; 980s selling for like $150 last I looked (keep in mind this was so brief, a blink would last longer)
I wouldn't ether but he doesn't do anything that needs GPU.

Quote:
16GB of ram would be just A-ok. Even @ 2133mhz.
Ryzen needs ram speed.

Quote:
I'm going to stay out of the CPU portion, as I'm still stuck on suggesting a 7700k. Simply because I was lucky enough to get one that can hit 5.3GHz.
Your validation link says 5ghz which the majority(78%) of 7700k's not 5.3Ghz(Top 1%).