View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 10:48 AM   #1106
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatPs13 View Post
Yeah, case is a NZXT mid tower

I also forgot to mention, I game on this PC maybe once a month and it's non-intensive games such as Assetto Corsa and CS:GO. It's mostly used for productivity so I assume CPU and RAM are my priority. Would my upgraded CPU and RAM be bottlenecked by the GTX780 if I get one of the newer Ryzen cpu's and 16/32GB of RAM?

I just want to be able to do tons of multitasking on dual monitors with no hesitation.

Budget isn't too strict but I want to do this as cheap as possible and don't mind looking for deals on craigslist and ebay but I'm just not too sure on what to keep an eye out for CPU wise.

Um.. Yes. Yes that 780 will be a bottleneck. Especially determined by what multiple monitors you're trying to attach to a single GTX 780.

you should consider something like a 1070ftw or something, I just sold a pair of them for $220 each. Looks like their prices went up a hair though in the past 7 days.

I honestly wouldn't personally recommend anything lower at this point. people are charging way too much for the lower cards right now ex; 980s selling for like $150 last I looked (keep in mind this was so brief, a blink would last longer)

16GB of ram would be just A-ok. Even @ 2133mhz.

I'm going to stay out of the CPU portion, as I'm still stuck on suggesting a 7700k. Simply because I was lucky enough to get one that can hit 5.3GHz.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote