View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #1105
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
What is your budget.

Your GPU is like 1050/460 performance so one of the sub $200(sales) 580's would be an upgrade. Anything more than a 580/1060 will be crippled by that CPU.

Other than that you're looking at a new CPU/MoBo/RAM. Which depends on your budget. Looking at $400 to start.

Least you have a good foundation of the SSD, PSU and I assume case.
Yeah, case is a NZXT mid tower

I also forgot to mention, I game on this PC maybe once a month and it's non-intensive games such as Assetto Corsa and CS:GO. It's mostly used for productivity so I assume CPU and RAM are my priority. Would my upgraded CPU and RAM be bottlenecked by the GTX780 if I get one of the newer Ryzen cpu's and 16/32GB of RAM?

I just want to be able to do tons of multitasking on dual monitors with no hesitation.

Budget isn't too strict but I want to do this as cheap as possible and don't mind looking for deals on craigslist and ebay but I'm just not too sure on what to keep an eye out for CPU wise.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote