View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 06:22 AM   #27
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
I’ll definitely lower the limit a few hundred revs. It’s an ignition cut which I believe was the main reason the rocker broke.
oh yeah. We see that all the time. Its rare to have a rocker failure at 7k on the fuel cut limiter, it would have surprised me.

What happens on the ignition cut is some fuel explodes in the exhaust system, which creates a high pressure between turbine and head, pops the exhaust valve open if a spring is weak enough.
The valve then being open when it isn't supposed to be is now 'in the way' when the cam comes around, rocker loses its 'grip' and cam cuts it in half more or less. might leave a huge gouge in the cam lobe too. It basically jams sideways in there till it fractures like a brittle chalk, often sending little shims and guides into the oil pan if ur lucky hah.
If not, you never find them ;D