View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
SR20 broken rocker = more problems

Having an interesting issue with my SR, its a s13 redtop. A couple of nights ago I managed to shatter the exhaust rocker arm on cylinder 4. I replaced the rocker arm with a new one and reassembled everything. When I started it back up, it ran like shit and after unplugging coil packs I found that it was only running on cylinders 2 and 4 (the one with the rocker I replaced). Cylinders 1 and 3 when unplugged did not affect the motors running.

I checked compression and I had 155 psi on cylinders 2 and 4, but literally 0 psi on cylinders 1 and 3.

When I crank the engine by hand, there’s no noise or resistance of a piston contacting a valve, however the starter has a hard time cranking the engine as it’s cranking noticeably slower and less smooth than before.

I’ve checked mechanical timing once, and I’m typing this as I’m doing it again to be sure, but I’m stumped and if there’s any input about this that’d be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links